The Comprehensive Plan is a Policy Statement that is adopted by the governing body that describes their vision for the development of the City of Hernando over a set period of time, usually 20 to 30 years. It is a big picture look at what the City of Hernando will look like at the end of the planning period.
Key components of the Comprehensive include the following items:
- Goals and Objectives for the long-range development of the city
- A Land Use Plan which designates in map or policy form the proposed general distribution and extent of the uses of land
- A Transportation Plan depicting in map form the proposed functional classifications for all existing and proposed street system
- A Community Facilities plan as a basis for a capital improvements program
- Population and Housing projections
Transportation Plan Map